Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Random Ramblings

For the last three months my president was MIA. Couldn’t reach him at his home, on his cell or at his office. No return calls. This is the problem with working for associations. Your bosses are volunteers. Guess the saying you get what you pay for relates.

I quit my job. Put in my two weeks last Monday. This of course has nothing to do with my missing president. However, once he caught wind of my leaving, he’s back in the picture with whip in hand. I have now been assigned to create a “procedures manual”. Ask me how much I want to just walk out now and not come back so that I can avoid this task.

___________________________________________________________


My nephew graduates kindergarten today. First grade is on his horizon and I feel old. No wait, I meant, OLD. I think I’d feeler older if I had kids of my own, though I’m not sure the reasoning behind this. It’s amazing how quickly time goes by when you’re a child and then when you are older, you sort of hang and time seems suspended. For example, my car is paid off in 3 months and damn if I can’t wish those months along any faster that their slow crawl. And yet as a child, those 3 months off of school for the summer went by so fast.

___________________________________________________________

Food is always better if someone else has prepared it. Prime examples of this are sandwiches and potato salad. I’m munching on some of my Maw Maw’s potato salad now that she sent home with me. Yummo. (That was my shout out to Rachel Ray.) This stuff is just not the same when I make it.

___________________________________________________________


I ordered my first Christian contemporary cd last week. I don’t think it the norm for someone my age to listen to this music, though I may be mistaken. Anyway, it’s a Third Day cd and it’s really good. If I heard the music playing at a friend’s house, I’d think it was just contemporary rock. Can’t really tell the difference until you hear the occasional “holy” or “glory”. Ha. I sing along to the music without really thinking that in some way it could be a form of worship. I’m not a church goer or a holy roller. In fact, I’m still somewhat confused about my religion and my beliefs. I just… enjoy the music. So leave me alone already.

Question though – is it weird or wrong that I have this new cd in my six disc player next to Saliva and 12Stones?

Hmm… anything else… nope, I think that’s it for now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails