Monday, March 06, 2006

Obsessive-Compulsive?

Lately I've been worried that I've somehow developed a mild case of OCD. Before retiring to bed for the night I must check all the closets in my apartment, plus check under the bed and behind the shower curtain in my bathroom.

First of all, I have no idea what I'm looking for. Am I looking to be sure there are no intruders hiding under my bed or linen closet? And secondly, if that is what I'm looking for, what exactly do I plan to do if I do find one under my bed? I have no '"plan" for what to do if a tall ski-masked man is hiding away, waiting for me to go to bed. Though I must admit, if he is in any of my closets or under my bed, it would be better for my get-away. Surely it would take the intruder a good 30 seconds to get out of my cluttered closets or out from under the bed.

I've tried numerous times to just get into bed without looking, but it bothers me to the point where I actually have to get up out of bed and turn on lights, even after I've gotten comfortable and close to sleep. Oh, and I can't just check one or two closets, it has to be all of them. If not, I'll make myself get out of bed to check the one I missed.

I can't decide if this is my extreme fear of being burglarized and attacked, or obsessive-compulsive disorder kicking in.

I might need help.

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Yes, yes...help is good. Go see the nice people for help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails