This cracks me up every time. Enjoy!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Seriously. When did the craziness start? Was I aware as it came barrelling towards me? Or was it a slow build up?
A co-worker's mother passed away this morning. Its been a while since I've gotten close with a co-worker and I consider the girls I work with now great friends. I care about them. So hearing the news this morning about her mother just broke my heart. Of course, with hearing that, my own thoughts went spiraling out of control about the loss of my own parents and later on, how my future children will feel when I leave this world.
J's laptop was brought to the doctor today. Its in surgery as we speak. I wonder if after it's slate is wiped clean, whether or not we'll be able to use it again. Its a 50/50 chance. In the meantime, without it, I'm having to do a good bit of my sideline jewelry work during the tiny breaks in my work schedule on my office computer. Can we say multi-task? I feel crazy in the head from doing this.
Oh! Go look at what I've been working on too! New Chunkies!! www.jilllamonte.etsy.com
On other electronic issues: J's PSP has died, along with his phone (which he intelligently placed in the "dry box" of his 4 wheeler while doing water wheelies this weekend). Does it come in 3's?
I have a million jewelry orders, including some custom ones. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this like you wouldn't believe, but I think most people would be doing this full time sans boring office job. So, I need an assistant. I wonder if I could teach the Mini Monster to pack and ship....
Listen to me whining and complaining. Pfft. My. Life. Is. Good. Somebody pop me a good one.
On the Marriage Front: J and I haven't snuggled for the past two mornings. I think we'd headed towards divorce. Or maybe I need to hit the treadmill harder. Or start wearing lipstick again. Or something.
On the Health Front: Totally digging this new outlook on eating healthy. At the moment I'm making J's "cholesterol" the focus (he would give me a go-to-hell look right now if he could read this, but he can't read my blog without a functioning laptop right now so Hmph!) and therefore its taking the focus off of MOI. So, cooking healthy is so much easier for me because I'm taking care of my husband, I'm nurturing him. And I end up eating it too and I can totally feel a difference! Plus, it doesn't feel like a diet when I'm doing it for my love bucket.
On the Car Front: Car was making serious noises. Embarrassed me often pulling out of parking spots. J admits he is NOT mechanical. But do you know that little sh*t detected it was my back brakes and changed the pads for me all by his lonesome?? Quiet car + $50 (as opposed to $500+) = Very Happy Wife.
Anybody got an installment of Don't Be That Person for me today? I would love to hear some. :)
Oh! And check this out! My co-worker sent me this earlier and I almost fell out my chair laughing: http://www.faceinhole.com/show.asp?id=4678e7d951b92c3217c Send me your links if you do it! I wanna see!
Yes that's J, and yes, if the lack of snuggles won't separate us, this just may...
Happy Hump Day you guys!
Love, your crazy bloggy friend - Jill
Ramblings by Jill at 2:17 PM
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Making way for my new colorful chunky summer sets...
First I marked everything in my online shop down 20% off. Then I went even lower, placing $10-14 dollar items in $6, $7, and $8 sections! (That's over 40% off most items!)
Click here for Jillry!!
Shop now while there are still some goodies left! All leftovers will be placed in my Sissy's shop in town, never to be seen again!
FREE SHIPPING for orders $20 and over.
Have fun and thanks for popping in! xo Jill
Friday, May 15, 2009
The clock is ticking so slowly this morning... at noon I'm leaving work to visit my best girl D in Houston. The last time we hung out together was at me and J's wedding in December, so its past time for some girlie silliness and mostly likely some obnoxious camera action. Undoubtedly there will be a photo post at my return!
A couple of pretties to share with you:
One of my usual vendors had these pre-made and I fell in love with them. I won't be selling them in my Etsy shop since I didn't make them. They're $28 each if you're interested, free shipping.
And now, for a round of Don't Be That Person.
This morning I was stuck in a line of cars on my way to work doing 30 mph in a 50 mph zone. Once the 2 lane turned into a 4 lane, I passed the jackass keeping me from making my destination on time.
It was a woman, on her cell phone. *stare* If you cannot drive obeying all traffic rules (including speed limits) and talk on your phone on the same time, then get off the freaking road. Don't be that person.
I have two friends, one of which is married, the other who is single and madly in love with a guy friend of theirs. The single chic admitted this to us the other day. Now, the married friend proceeds to priss and prance in front of the other girl's crush. Flirts with him madly in front of her. Attention whore? Don't be that person.
Go ahead, share one of yours in the comments box. I'm in a mood today and I'm sure someone will pass through this blog that needs to be reminded of what not to be. ;)
Hope you lovelies all have a great weekend!
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Is there anybody out there?
Just me. Saying hi. So, hi. Sorry I've been a bad blogger. Let me get some things out of my system...
- Summer is here and boy is it obvious. The hot, humid heat in the mornings, the weekend rides on the river, the slow downfall of household chores... I wonder how many times I can put off mopping the floor with the excuse that "we're going riding this weekend and surely will track in dirt, I'll mop after"??
- Babers and I just made 3 years together. Although we've know each other since 15 years of age, this little number 3 is amazing to me. And yet, tricky. Was it really three years ago that we both, on opposite ends of town, got ready unwillingly for a night out with our relentless friends, only to spot each other at the exact same bar and fall madly in love with each other? Was that really three years ago??
- Speaking of time together - today marks 5 months of being married. Time flies by so fast. We've definitely hit the comfort zone. Have our little routine in order. I'm greeted each evening with a wild Mini Monster and kissie faced husband at the door... then off to make dinner... to eat dinner... and to sprawl out together on our new obnoxiously large sectional, a laptop in his lap, a book in mine. I love that we're so comfy with each other. I often feel like bursting during evenings like these, knowing that we will have this peaceful, comfy connection always. That we found each other and can enjoy each other along with our favorite things.
- J just got back from the doctor, only to find out he has high cholesterol. He turns 30 this year. I made 30 in October. For some reason I'm having a really hard time with 30. I embraced the number, stuck my tongue out at my siblings who poked fun of my upcoming age and said "I'm ready for this!" And now, it takes more to keep toned, I have to watch my diet a little more, and here comes J with his high cholesterol saying "Ugh, this takes the fun out of food!" Welcome to my world, I tell him. But we'll take it in stride. Adjust as needed. Life's all about challenges, and if it weren't, this would be an awfully boring world.
- One big reason for my disappearance as of late is that our laptop is on its last breath. And now suddenly its not connecting to my camera, so my jewelry shop is suffering as well. We need a new computer badly, but as a newlywed, there are so many things on our financial plate.
- Things are changing at work. I went from loving my job to dreading getting up in the mornings. Now all I can think about again is going full time with my creative side, but the how is such a biggie.
- Jason is going back to school! I love that he wants to better himself. To better "us". He's so the opposite of me right now and it inspires me. He won't start until the fall, but I'm already wondering about the changes we'll go through as a couple. For instance, I'm used to having him home in the evenings. He'll be taking night classes, so we'll unfortunately have to miss a few dinners together. (I know, you're like COME ON WHINEY BABY!) Ha. But, things will be fine. We're strong and I'm actually looking forward to a little change. Hell, we made it through a year of long distance loving. I think we can handle anything together. We're a great team. :)
Maybe what the future holds will spark my writing bug again. Let's hope so. I miss this.
Signing off for now - xo Jill
Ramblings by Jill at 7:03 AM