Friday, August 18, 2006

Word Verification

Not too long ago a fellow blogger, DJ Metronome, posted about how irritating word verification was. I decided to take it off mine because, well, it IS irritating. However, it was back on a week later after I had to delete two junk posts immediately after turning the sucker off.

But now its kinda funny, like there’s an actual person behind verification. Have you noticed lately how much more difficult it is to read the letters? They’re all cursive and sideways in really bright colors, placing letters beside others that look alike. “Ha! Try to figure that one out! Oh yeah? So that one wasn’t hard enough for you?? How about..this! fftylliIlff!!”

>sigh< I’ve got to find something better to do with my free time…

3 comments:

KiKi said...

Do you know how often I put a comment on and then get a notification that I did not do the word verification? It's a major pain in the booty. But if it keeps the junk out, I guess it is ok. And yep! I just got that stupid "Enter the letters as they are shown in the image"

Anonymous said...

I hate WV too. I turned mine off a while ago to find there isn't MUCH threat of machine-generated posts. Although I still get one from assaholics.com once in a while.

Anonymous said...

woohoo!...you mentioned me...you love me...you want to kiss me...you want to marry me...or just give "props" to me...

Either way...verifs suck...huge time...but i'm used to typing "zzvxvcxzy#" these days...so it's no so bad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails