- We have exactly one month before the wedding.
- I have less of a to-do list. Ribbon to bakery for cake. Jewelry for flower girl. Gift for ring bearer. Get kiss proof lipstick. Choose bridal photo for presentation at reception. Pay florist and dj.
- I have less weight on my shoulders. Yesterday J was rained out of work. When I got to the house he had cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floors, done laundry, bathed the dog, scrubbed the tub and picked up around the house. I could have cried. Yes, I know I'm lucky.
- I need to start tanning. Somehow I have bikini strap lines and its been months since I went to the river. I certainly don't want to be that bride that is orange in winter, but I need to knock these lines off.
- I am getting excited about my best girl friend coming in. She's sort of the male version of J. Wait. I'm sort of the male version of J. Guess that's why we get along so well. We became roommates after about a month of knowing each other at work and have been friends ever since. We just hit it off. I can't wait to be silly with her, catch up and hang out with her. She just gets me.
On another note, J and I took the PREPARE test last night as part of our premarital counseling. Not sure if any of you married folk had to do premarital before your wedding, but its something I highly recommend for those who are engaged to be. The test questions you on so many different aspects of your marriage-to-be and life together. Things you probably wouldn't think to discuss together. You take the test each separately, same questions, and then have a counselor review it and note the differences and possible issues. Next week we go to see our counselor to review our outcome. I'm nervous and anxious to see where we are. We know we are highly compatible, but you just never know how it appears to a third party.
That's all for today. Tootles!