Wednesday, December 10, 2008

For my love bucket. So glad we found our way back to each other.

I know I said that the last post was, well, my last post before the wedding, but I have the time and I'm inspired. J and I reconnected, in a way, last night. (Long, complicated story that I won't be sharing...) Tonight we're going to spend some much needed quality time together.

Below is the first song J and I are going to dance to as husband and wife. This song has always been a song that has touched me. One day shortly after J and I started dating, I heard this song and realized how perfect it was for us. As if it were written for us. Like every other time I've heard this song before, I cried. But that particular day I cried not just because the song touched me but because it was a story of our lives, together and separately. Joining and parting and joining yet again.

Please excuse the sappiness, I promise this will only happen once... :)

I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Baber. This song is for you.

Bless The Broken Road

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

[Chorus]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
T
hat God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.


You can hear this song: here. Its much more powerful when reading and listening at once. Thanks for sharing these special moments with us.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this song! I always related Aus and my story to this as well. :-) Sooo sweeeet. Love that picture of you two. If we don't hear from you till after the wedding, Enjoy! and Congrats!!!!!!
~Amanda

Jay Ferris said...

Nothing as special as a love bucket... my wedding gift to you will be not tarnishing this lovely post with an off-color comment.

Anonymous said...

I always loved this song.

I hope you guys have a fabulous time reconnecting, and an even more fabulous time on the day of your wedding and an even MORE fabulous time on your honeymoon. tehehe

:-*) I'm so happy for you two...

Sister Copinherhair said...

I am very very excited for you. And I can't wait to see pictures of you as the new missus. ;)

Congratulations to you both!

Rox said...

Congratulations to you both! I know the weeks before the big day can make you feel like you are pulled apart, but you will get through it, stronger for it. After all, it's just the first test on the road of marriage! May you two have a lifetime of happy years together!

And make us a baby while you're on your honeymoon, m'kay?

Nature Girl said...

So glad you were able to grab some spare time to yourselves...is' much deserved I'm sure! I'm so excited for you guys...take care, and congratulations adn have a wonderful time!
Stacie

C said...

wow. one more day till you marry!! i remember the exileration and heart racing delight, knowing that in just a few hours, your dream moment will occur! there are 2 special moments in a girl's life, in my opinion, 1.) your wedding day, and 2.) the birth of your first child. nothing will ever top those. and here you both are about to embark on the first journey.. god bless you both and may his hands always surround you with his safety, love, and grace.

C

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh J & J! The wedding was beautiful! Call me when the honeymoon is done so we can get together like old married folks! Loves ya! Oh and I hope you don't mind that I gushed over you a little on my blog : )

Real Live Lesbian said...

FABULOUS song! Have a wonderful wedding!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails