Since recently picking up a new gig as a personal chef part time, I think it only appropriate that I post about food. Yes? You no like, you kiss it.
1. Blueberries. I can't get enough of these. Both sweet and tart and the only food in the world of that color, blueberries are packed with antioxidants and have lots of other terrific qualities that nourish our bodies. My favorite uses for them are in blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins.
2. Cheese. I've never met a cheese I didn't like. Well, except for the really stinky kind. My favorites (so far) are baby smoked gouda, pepper jack and sharp cheddar. I also really love feta in a greek salad and well, who doesn't love the stringy mozzarella that tops pizza?
3. Salad dressings. Particularly my Dad's homemade italian dressing. SECRET recipe people. There's just something about this dressing that makes you go back for seconds and thirds. And my mom makes a delicious thousand island style dressing that is so good I can't even keep it in my fridge for fear I'll dip anything I come across into it. I could gain 5 lbs a week on that stuff alone.
4. Frozen yogurt. If you're a long time reader, you've heard me go on and on about frozen yogurt like it's gold. And to me, it is. Low in calories and fat free with endless possibilities in flavor, you just can't go wrong with this stuff. I've actually had it for dinner on occasion.
5. Olives. Mmm. What can I say about these pretty little things just bursting with flavor? I prefer green olives to black olives, but both are great in each their own ways. I have a jar in my fridge now that I pick a few out of every evening after dinner.
6. Salami. Okay. I never eat this stuff because its crazy fattening, but I feel like I have this love affair with salami. I would marry Genoa salami if it was legal. My Paw Paw brings a huge roll of it to my parents when he visits and sometimes my Dad will offer to cut a chunk of it off for me. But like I said, I gain a pound just looking at it so I rarely take him up on the offer. But oh, how I love it.
8. Eggs. They are used in such a wide variety of ways and are really a great tool for casseroles and baking. My favorite would have to be over easy though, with a runny yolk. Mmm.
10. Fajitas. I don't know why I even open a menu in a Mexican restaurant. I always end up ordering fajitas. Just something about grilled meat and not having to grill it yourself. *sigh*
13. Pineapple. I really enjoy a piece of fresh pineapple but its so darn expensive done up for you and I sure ain't chopping and peeling a pineapple, or whatever you do to those things. Still, I love pineapple and pineapple sherbert and pinepple flavored drinks...
Hungry now? Come on over, I fix ya something right up. ;)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants