Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Crockpot Recipe: Stew Meat & Gravy

By request, I'm posting a recipe I whipped up today. (Hi Amanda!) The Baberhusband noted that we haven't had stew meat and gravy lately. Well, this chic wasn't about to stand over a hot stove... hello Crockpot. You're back in action!

(Apologies for lack of photos. I'll shoot some next go-round, which will be soon. I'm putting this recipe in my frequent meal file. hehe.)

Ingredients

1 lb stew meat (I got the meat pre-chopped)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
3/4 soup can of water

Double for larger families, this was just for J and I. We still ended up with leftovers for another night.

To serve over rice with a side of peas.

Directions

Dump all four ingredients in crockpot. Stir well. No extra seasonings necessary. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. The meat ends up so tender!

Other options: If I had it on hand, a quartered onion placed in the pot two hours before serving would have been delicious! I usually put one in the pot when I make roast.

Easy fix peas: Dump one can of peas (with liquid) into microwaveable safe bowl. Add 1 tbsp butter and sprinkling of salt. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and serve.

I love this best when mixing the stew meat, gravy, rice and peas all together.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUMMO

Amanda said...

WOW! sounds Yummy and easy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails