Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sharing the Goods

If you’ve have a burrito or salad at Izzo’s Illegal Burrito, then you know their cilantro ranch. Seeing as my new year’s resolution (as always) is to drop a few pounds, I thought what a better way to help break the food boredom by eating Izzo’s salads with cilantro ranch more often? But, I hardly want to empty my pocketbook just to lose a few, so after a little experimentation I’ve worked up an almost exact replica of their cilantro ranch.

This is really good with chicken or shrimp, Mexican style with black beans tossed in with everything. Enjoy!



Cilantro Ranch

You will need:
Bunch of fresh cilantro
1 lime
Big tub of sour cream
1 (or 2) packets of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

If you get one of those big tubs of sour cream, I suggest using more than one packet of HVR mix. I use light or fat free sour cream and you can’t tell the difference.

Put the sour cream, HVR packet, juice of 1 lime (or more if you want your dressing really runny) and a ton of the leafy parts of the cilantro bunch in a blender or food processor. When its well blended it should have a minty green coloring. If not, keep adding the cilantro!

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

ooooooohhhhh...yummy for my hungry tummy! And I shall call you Mini-Rachael Ray!

Related Posts with Thumbnails