Monday, September 24, 2007

Randomness

Thinking of you graphics

That's for you Kellers! Let us know how you're feeling when you come back to the blogasphere.

_________________________________________________________

I finally went to the library yesterday and brought home 8 books. Right now I'm reading Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess. It got right into the story line, which I really appreciate, as I get bored super easy when it comes to reading. And as I've stated before, I really enjoy stories of human struggle and this one's based on the troubles of a 15 year old girl.

I have taken a look at Chunks library for inspiration and jotted down a few (as it seems we have the same taste),but I would like to know if anyone else has read any good books lately that have really stuck out to them as a great read. Send me your suggestions if you have any! Much appreciated.

__________________________________________________________

I'm a little embarrassed about posting this, but I feel I must be held accountable, and what a better way to do so than by posting about it on my blog. Here goes: I am going to my first WeightWatchers meeting this Thursday.

There. I said it.

I don't think I'm fat by any means, but I find that in the last couple of years my body has changed and I just basically want to drop 10-15 lbs so I can see the lean muscle again. *laughing* Walking and weights just don't give the same results as they used to and I want a plan that I can turn to for the rest of my life. My metabolism has slowed down too, as it tends to do for most women my age, so I'm also dealing with that.

A co-worker has already started and has shown me the basic plan and to be honest, it looks like fun! I'm crazy about cooking and nutrition already, so I think this will be really interesting (and hopefully pretty easy) for me.

So yeah, I'll probably track my progress on here for sh*ts and giggles, and so you guys can fuss at me if I fail (and I expect you to do so!) Just don't hound me about it, or I'll blog you out!
__________________________________________________________

Hope everybody's getting through their Monday okay!

6 comments:

-Papa said...

When you decided to join Weight Watchers, did Babers say anything like, "Honey, you don't need to join Weight Watchers, I Watch you all the time." If he hasn't said something like this tell 'em he's slackin'!

Two Lazy Pugs said...

I did WW a couple years ago, and it did work! I have since abadoned it, but it was one of th better "diet plans" I've ever done. Don't be embarassed!

none said...

As we age our bodies go into conservation mode. Supposedly, we need to eat 1/3 less every 20 years after 20.

I find it more and more difficult to stay in shape.

Jill said...

papa - As I expected, J gave me a very supportive one-liner. (But no funnies, sorry to disappoint, hee hee!)

I do think he's a little worried about eating together on the weekends now. But I promise him, I will make sure he is well fed, even if I'm just munching on carrots! :)

lady - Thanks - I think I'll be less embarrassed when I'm in a sexy new swimsuit! ;) I hear rave reviews so I'm really excited.

hammer - I feel the same way. Its a bit depressing.

Anonymous said...

awww thanks... *blush* You are such a sweetheart. I am fine. Will post about it today, hopefully. ;-)

Chunks said...

Oh let me know what books you're reading! I will have to check out your current read. I'm always on the lookout for a good book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails