(Before I collected a few readers, and before I gave him the url to my blog, I often found myself writing about my boyfriend. I’ve cut back on this a bit due to (I'm sure) the gag effect it has on some readers. I really felt inspired and decided to dedicate a Thursday Thirteen to him, especially after the amazing vacation we had together.
That was your warning. Turn back now if you're weak of stomach. ;)
13 Things I Love About Babers
1. His Baberlicious bod – tall and lean. You know what? If men can be superficial about this, so can I. *crossing arms* He’s tall, lean, and cut, and I still get butterflies when I look at him.
2. His love for the simple things in life. He’ll be the first to tell you that all he needs is a beer and to see something naked. I love a man who knows what he wants and doesn’t ask for the moon.
3. His boy smell. Yep, you heard me. The mixed smell of a man who’s either been working or playing hard mixed with that intoxicating cologne of his, I just can’t get enough of. The smell is not only sexy, but comforting, and I just love tucking into him and breathing his scent in.
4. His light-heartedness. I’m a very deep, emotional person who can sometimes wear her heart on her sleeve. When I’m upset about something, he always knows how to help me out of it or lighten things up. After a frustrating day of work, there’s nothing like Babers asking “You want me to rub your butt?” to make me laugh and put me in a better mood.
5. His acceptance and patience. I can get in really silly moods sometimes and he’ll laugh at me, probably even when I’m not that funny. When I get into my “what if?” moods, he’ll play along for a lot longer than I even expect him to. And when I’m in the mood to stir up a quarrel, he holds his ground and won’t give in.
6. He’s optimistic. He always sees the good in things. I’m more of the pessimist and he can usually change my mind about things with his outlook.
7. He folds my towels too. I wait until the weekends to do my laundry so we can do ours together in one hit when he comes home. He doesn’t have to, but he often folds my towels too (when I'm unaware in anothor room). And I love that. Even if he doesn’t fold my panties and puts them on his head instead.
8. He boils the best shrimpies. Okay, so this one is a little silly, but seriously – I can whip up a casserole like nobody’s business, but boiling seafood is not my greatest talent. I used to come from my old job late from meetings twice a month and many times he’d have a steaming pile of spicy boiled shrimp ready for me. Mmm, now my mouth is watering.
9. He’s a bad boy. Maybe not so much now, but he used to be. (And well, once a bad boy always a …) He has just enough tattoos to turn me on and facial hair for that rough-around-the-edges look I think is so sexy. And knowing he was a bad boy in his younger days makes me feel safe. Is that weird?
10. He’s an affection whore. I love that when we’re just hanging out at home, he’s constantly draping his monkey arms around me or trying to cop a feel. I’d so much rather swat hands away than wish for them.
11. His sick sense of humor. I’m finally able to let go and really be who I am around him. This also means watching The Office and Comedy Central together. And our shared favorite – doing and saying things to make people feel uncomfortable and watching them squirm. Yep, it’s a little sick to laugh at someone else’s expense, but its even sicker if your dating someone who loves it as much as you do.
12. He’s the perfect mix of quiet and loud. If I'm in a loud mood, he'll join right in with me. And sometimes his being loud provokes me into a crazy mood myself. And the best part, he knows the perfect moments to be quiet, like when I tell him to shut up. KIDDING! *snort*
13. His gaze. It can stop me in my tracks and turn my knees to mush, especially when I catch him looking at me when I'm in my own little world.
I love you baby! Hope this didn't embarrass you too much. *chika chika!*
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Ramblings by Jill at 6:41 AM