Monday, August 20, 2007

Random Thoughts

Just want to share some random things that have been on my mind:

I found my first gray – correction, WHITE hair this weekend. I saw it, freaked and yanked it out. Then I remembered the old tale about how if you pull one gray hair, more grow back in its place. So I guess if I’m fully white headed by the time I’m 30 it’ll be my fault. ____________________________________________________________

I had to go shopping this weekend. Again. It’s been years since I’ve updated my wardrobe and frankly I’m tired of wearing the same pair of jeans.

While I was shopping with my sister and her six year old little boy, I was all too aware of the reasons I hate shopping, as posted earlier. However, this time I was a bit embarrassed when I realized I was shopping with someone who I would normally scowl at if I came across in the store.

At home my mother offers to watch my nephew, but he throws a tantrum wanting to go. “You never spend time with me!” he whines. (He’s getting smart.) He ends up getting his way.

The entire walk through the mall we hear “I’m hungry, I want a snack,” and “I’m thirsty, Mama I want a drink!” and “I’m tired of this place, let’s go.” If it’s not that, he’s touching everything and I can see the store clerks cringe when he pulls something off the shelves. I cower in corners when my sister has to correct my nephew because he’s one of those kids that scream bloody murder when he gets popped (not nearly hard enough) on the butt.

“Straighten up or no tv tonight.” My sister hisses in his ear after he knocked over a rack of hats.

“You huuurrtt me, you always hurt me so bad Mama!!” He screams loudly. I act like I don’t know them. (Like I said, he’s getting smart. I’m waiting for him to yell ‘Child Abuse!!’ the next time she pops his butt in public.)____________________________________________________________

I had a dream last night that Jason and I robbed a bank in Mexico with my neighbors. The girls kept getting split up from the boys and at one point Jason got on the get-away jet without me. In the dream, my neighbor and I threw rocks at the jet our boyfriends left us in and then laughed when we realized we had the backpacks full of money. The police ended up stopping us while running along this canal and told us to give them the backpacks. I talked them into letting me “get a few things out first”, grabbed the money, my chapstick and an inhaler (I don't have asthma), dropped the backpack and ran. I’m still mad at Jason for leaving me.
____________________________________________________________

I’ve had house fever for the last year or so and right now it’s so bad I can barely stand it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my apartment. I call the office when something breaks and I don’t have to mow the grass. But lately I feel like my quality of life is less than it should be.

I’m a country girl who moved out to the city to start her career and just learn about herself. My family and friends live where I grew up and I miss everything about my hometown.

The people are just better where I grew up. In the last few years I’ve noticed that the people I’ve had short friendships with here in the city are just a different breed of people: controlling, selfish and needy. I miss my sincere, fun loving, light hearted people who would do anything for you and not expect anything in return. People you want to be with. People that are full of fun and will knock back a beer with you while watching Family Guy.

Life is peaceful out there too. The river and beach is just five minutes away. And of course, my family is there and I feel like I’m missing out on such an important time with my niece and my nephew growing up.

My plan is to let my lease run out and maybe rent month to month until I find a little house back home. The more I think about it, the lighter and happier I feel.

Central here I come!

11 comments:

fatwonkkid said...

so did you tell your sister how much you hate shopping in the presence of parents with their loud/annoying/touchy kids :)

t.k.foster said...

Honestly, did you wake up at Jason mad? I kid, of course, but I have actually had a girlfriend wake up angry at me because of a dream. Just go easy on him; it's your brain's fault, haha.

Anonymous said...

Does your sister read your blog... teeheehee

It sounds like a good plan to me. I think you should go where your heart leads you. I have changed all career goals because I have decided happiness is much more important than stupid money. Hope you get to move back to where you are happy soon!

Chunks said...

I'd hate shopping with your sister too, the little guy is 6?! What is going to happen when he is 14? Ouch!

Love the dream! I've also had dreams where they were so real, I wake up livid with my hubby.

There's a lot to be said for living in the country. It's a slower pace, people are nicer and you just feel more alive. I highly recommend it!

Jenny! said...

I found a gray hair a few weeks ago...I just left it, but I "hunt" for it obsessively!

jason said...

People with children and elderly people should be limited to only shopping during certain times, like 10am - 3pm or only on Mondays. Or only 10-3 on Mondays. Yeah, I like that idea.
The dream was payback for my dream. Next time, let me shoot the burglars ;)

-Papa said...

Interesting and coincidental dream, last night I saw an actress that resembled your profile pic on America's most wanted. ;)

Jill said...

fatwonkkid - she knows he'll be bad, but he'll put the guilt trip on her and it works every time. Maybe I should shop alone from now on?

names - I can't help it, I do sometimes wake up a little heated, even though I know it's my crazy head.

kelly - sis is not a computer person, thank God! I hope moving back is in the near future too. As I get older, my heart breaks a little more as I'm driving back to my apt. from family part of town.

chunks - Now that you say that, I do feel more alive! Definitely more like myself. I feel younger, and that's always a good thing!

jenny - I think I'm going to ignore mine and take up dying. :)

jason - Brilliant!! Oh, and maybe I didn't want you to shoot the burgulars because I wanted to.

papa - *gasp* Good thing I never use my name on here...

none said...

White hairs are actually clear. Pulling them out only seems to make them multiply.

Christie said...

As I was driving the other day, I noticed this obnoxious WHITE hair that stood straight up from my part. It was at least an inch long and it was so obscenely obvious. I begged Jay to pull it since I was driving, but he refused. So the whole rest of the drive, I had to stare at it in the rear-view mirror. It sucked!

Anonymous said...

I hear you re:home. I took off for 10+ years but ended up right back here in the end, it was a good decision.

Best of luck and enjoy when the time comes.

Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails