Image from Foodnetwork.com
Hi and welcome to the second day of the Christmas Crockpot Recipe Share! If you would like to share a loved recipe of yours, please send to JillryLove@gmail.com with your name for credit. Thank you!
2 pounds of round steak, cut in small strips
1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper to taste stirred in flour
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1. Place the flour/salt and pepper mixture in a large ziploc bag.
2. Put steak strips in the bag and shake to coat them with the flour mixture.
3. Brown the steak in the oil in a large skillet.
4. Place browned meat in the crock pot and place sliced onions and bell pepper on top of the meat.
5. Deglaze the skillet with the beef broth. (add a little red wine if you like)
6. Pour the liquid over the meat and vegetables and cook on high for 3 hours and on low for a couple more hours or until it's time for supper.
Make a pan of cornbread and some rice and you will have a hearty supper! Even in retirement, I love the crock pot. I put something in early in the morning and then spend my day having fun.
Recipe submitted by Dot Dickinson
oh joy for target gifts!
20 hours ago