Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Because he is my muse...

... I am sitting here typing a blog post at 9:30 at night. It's time for bed, but it hardly feels right without him in it with me.

He's in the shower, washing his boy smell away. How I adore that boy smell. A day of work mixed with traces of his cologne. Mmm...

After work and supper, a mad dash to my parents to pick up a jewelry order and off to my sister's for a jewelry showing.

I return to a very elaborate display of affection. A competition of attention, if you will, between my husband and puppy dog.

"Early bed time?" He mumbles into my shoulder as I drop my bag of jewels on the table.

"Yes, just as soon as I package something for tomorrow," I reply. I don't notice the disappointment in his brow.

He follows me into the hall where I drop my bag off. His arms wrap around me and as I turn I see our bedroom, filled with the glowing light of a dozen candles.

A late Valentine? A minute too long of missing me? What ever it is, I'll take it. And more of the same. Forever.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

awwwwwwwwwww :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I have goosebumps.

Kitty said...

Awwwwwww. He loves you, y'know? ;-) x

Anonymous said...

If find when I really like the boy, I appreciate the boy smell as well. When I am not so crazy about the boy, I like the boy smell a whole lot less.
This was very sweet. I sort of hate that word, but it fits here.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Romance! I remember that!

Claudine said...

Wow, that is so romantic...

Jay Ferris said...

So you forgot to pay your electric bill, or was there some sort of power outage?

Rox said...

This post is so sweet, it should have a warning label on it. "May cause diabetic coma."

:) I kid!

Related Posts with Thumbnails