Haven't done a TT in a while and kind of miss them. I know its not even December yet but I'm just so psyched about the holidays, I can't help it.
This is the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends - yes, I consider you my friends! Um, do you feel the same? hee hee) I'm using it as my Thursday Thirteen, but if the holiday spirit strikes you feel free to borrow!
Thirteen of my Christmas Favorites
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, with milk and bitty marshmallows if I have any!
2. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My little 4 foot tree has colored lights and since I live in an apartment I have no outside lights to speak of. :(
3. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Me and my two younger siblings climbing into my parents' waterbed at 6:00 am on Christmas morning so we could see what Santa brought.
I have to share my mother's favorite memory: Our Christmas tree falling down on top of my Dad. We could hear him laughing and hollering, HELPPPPPP! We found two size 14's looking at us! LOLOL
I loved her memory so much I had to share. The holidays were always such a big deal for my Paw Paw and it just hasn't been the same since he's passed.
5. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 8 or 9. I was taking a bath and my mom had come in for a towel, saw I was troubled by something. I explained to her that a kid at school told me the Easter Bunny wasn't real. She unwillingly admitted this to be the truth and a few minutes later I gasped "then Santa isn't real either???" Oh yeah, I was a bright one.
6. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Homemade chocolate chip of course!
7. Snow! Love it or hate it? Don't get the stuff don't South. *sigh*
8. Can you ice skate? I must say I'm an excellent ice skater. (Seriously) First time in the Galleria and didn't fall once!
9. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think the digi cam I got last year from Babers ranks pretty high up there.
10. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan pie, hands down.
11. Favorite Holiday tradition?
Our family party on Christmas Eve. We take turns: one year at my parents', the next at my aunt and uncles. The best part is having our growing family pile up in one room to open presents. My Daddy plays Santa Claus, passing the presents out to everyone. In the end, with all the presents and people, there's barely any room and we're all practically piled on top of each other. My sister and I get fussed at no less than twice on this evening for being too loud in such a crowded room. I just love Christmas Eve present night.
12. What tops your tree? Sadly enough, I don't have a topper. Me and my guy's first ornament - soft Saints Santa hat - is hanging on the top branch instead.
13. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night or Drummer Boy, I can't pick between the two. My sister and I are EXCELLENT singers of these songs. No, really.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants