Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Accident Recipe
















Last week I was making our usual Lamonte family BBQ Chicken recipe in the crockpot when I decided I wanted to experiment a little. Some added pineapple chunks and bellpeppers and wallah! A happy accident that the husband and I thoroughly enjoyed.


Pineapple BBQ Chicken or Happy Accident Dish


2 large chicken breasts sliced into two thin pieces (making 4 total "breasts")
1/2 bottle bbq sauce (I used Jack Daniels Honey BBQ)
1 1/2 cup water
1 large can pineapple chunks
1 bell pepper chopped into 1/2 inch squares
salt
pepper
garlic powder
red pepper flakes
honey


Place chicken, bbq sauce and water in the crock pot. Set on low heat for 5 hours.

After 5 hours cook time, place bell pepper chunks & entire contents of pineapple can in crock pot. Add dashes of salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes. Cook for another hour on low.

Serve over rice. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

That looks and sounds absolutely delish!

Christie said...

I found another dinner to add to the menu! I am trying to use the crockpot now that I am so busy. But finding recipes that actually look appetizing is hard. I cannot wait to make this!

Jan said...

I'm gonna do this tomorrow!! :) Nom Nom Nom

jason said...

Everyone: Do NOT forget the Tony's!!!!!!

A "cheery" disposition said...

Ok, I am def trying this recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails