Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hey Y'all!











As you probably know by now, I love to cook. But like most, I'm stumped and bored with cooking pretty often.

I've decided to start trying out one new recipe a week, whether it be taken from the Food Network, online, or a recipe I have tucked away in one of my cookbooks. I'll be sharing my new recipes each week, along with other dinners I have planned for the week.

My husband was feeling quite generous last night and I got the remote for a good part of the evening. (Thanks again, Baber!) Paula Deen showed me a few new recipes, but the one that caught my husband's eye (or stomach) was the Beef Macaroni and Cheese recipe. (Click the recipe title to be directed straight to the Food Network, where you can print out the recipe.)


Wayne's Beef Macaroni & Cheese

Ingredients

1-pound box elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups chopped green bell pepper
2 cups chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 pounds lean ground beef
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon each dried basil, ground cumin, and dried oregano
2 to 3 cups grated Cheddar

Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, to taste, and the basil, cumin, and oregano. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture. Spread this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.

Cook's Note: Ground turkey or chicken can be used in place of beef, if desired.

For the rest of the week:


  • Baked Chicken Thighs seasoned simply with Tony's Chachere's along with coleslaw and green beans

  • Lemon Pepper Tilapia with sauteed mushrooms, cheese & broccoli rice and spicy corn on the cob

  • Chicken Fajitas

  • Beef Macaroni & Cheese leftovers

If you're interested in how I make the dishes above, feel free to ask and I'll happily post.

Cooking with love,

xo Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that you're going to post what you make for dinners...I always need new ideas. Thanks, your dinners always look and sound so tasty! Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails