Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last Day of 30

Last year I looked forward to turning 30 while my younger friends moaned about it. This year, I sort of forgot about my birthday. Has it already become "just another day"?

In the past year I've learned:

  • As a thirty-something, I can't wake up in the mornings and just stretch without the possibility of pulling something.
  • That the older I get, the more comfortable I am with the person I've become.
  • Some of the things I hated as a kid are the same things I still hate today.
  • That I hold my tongue less when people wrong me. And it feels good.
  • Who my real friends are.
  • That lipstick is overrated.
  • Being a newlywed is everything I had hoped it would be.

Here's to the last day of being 30, and to "just another day" tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Rox said...

I'll soon be having my "Last Day of Being 40" and man, it went by fast! Time flies when you're living.

C said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JILL! i hope your day is filled with all the love and dessert you deserve.

c

Jan said...

Nope. It's not "just another day"! We'll see to that! You know how our family likes to party hardy. hehe Happy Birthday, sweetie! Love you! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails