Kelly made a comment about loving the movie Garden State in one of her most recents posts, to which I had to excitedly squeal "Me too!" Being that I was at work, a few nearby coworkers came running to see what imaginery friend I was squealing at this time.
I promised Kelly I would send her a list of some of my *Must See Movies*, so here I am doing just that. Now, before you movie snobs go tearing through my list, huffing at this choice and making fun of another, please note that these movies are in my own opinion "movies that females with similiar personalities and likes of my own would enjoy seeing."
Kel, hope you enjoy. I'd love to hear which ones of these you've already seen.
My Must See Movies
- Closer - Natalie Portman is just captivating in this movie.
- Marie Antoinette (for the beautiful cinematography more than anything)
- Garden State - again, Natalie Portman. So effing cute I wish I could stick her in my pocket to carry with me all day.
- Office Space
- Pride & Predjudice
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Fight Club - the first movie Babers ever bought me.
- Playing by Heart - (slow at first, but stay with it, it'll give you a tear or two and a lot of smiles)
- How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days - Just hilarious. I rewind certain parts where Kate Hudson is being obnoxious, to play over and over again. And Matthew McConaughey ain't so bad to look at either.
- Into the Wild - Raw, beautiful. A harrowing but necessary movie to see.
- Braveheart - This is an oldie but goodie that I watched over and over with my parents growing up. Just never gets old.
- Dances with Wolves - Ditto with this. But its looonnngg, so if you aren't into calm, slow movies with not a whole lot of conversation, don't watch it. (But you'll be missing out.)
- A Beautiful Mind
- Amercian Beauty
- The Pianist - Another beautiful picture.
- Juno - This one knocked my socks off. I don't remember being this witty and clever as a young teen.
- Great Expectations
Some I felt didn't need explanation. I think I'm going to put a few of these on me and J's Blockbuster online to view again.
What are YOUR must sees?